Fortnite update 8.1 is live, complete with a lengthy list of patch notes.
According to the official Epic Games patch notes, the big new addition is The Baller vehicle.
The Baller was unveiled within the in-game newsfeed, complete with a hint about what to expect.
“Keep the good times rolling! Combine your boost and grapple to perform unbelievable feats with the newest vehicle addition to Battle Royale!”
Vending Machines now give out free items, but only once before they disappear.
The Getaway LTM also makes a return to the action, so take advantage of this limited event before it ends.
You can check out the full list of Fortnite update 8.1 patch notes below.
Fortnite update 8.1.0 patch notes in full…
WEAPONS + ITEMS
• This single seat vehicle is found at Expedition Outposts and around pirate camp loot stashes
• Use the attached Grappler and Boost functionality to pull yourself up cliffs or swing through the trees
• The driver is protected from damage, but The Baller is vulnerable to enemy weapon fire.
• 300 Health
• Infantry Rifle
• Removed Common rarity
• Heavy Assault Rifle
• Adjusted rarity from Rare/Epic/Legendary to Common/Uncommon/Rare
• Base damage scaling for Common/Uncommon/Rare 36/38/40
• Reduced max stack size from 10 to 6.
• Vending Machines
• Removed the material cost.
• Each Vending Machine will be destroyed after claiming an item.
• Common and Uncommon Vending Machines have been removed.
• Removed Mounted Turret from Legendary Vending Machine
• Reduced availability of Treasure Maps from floor loot .53% to .27%.
• Reduced availability of Treasure Maps from chest loot 3.25% to 1.65%.
• Fixed rocket smoke trails disappearing instantly on explosion.
• Fixed an issue where the popping audio for Balloons would continue to play after using Balloons to get to max build height while using a vehicle.
• Fixed an issue where Buried Treasure would not auto pickup when the Auto Pickup Weapons setting was enabled.
• Fixed an issue where Buried Treasure chests could be placed on the Starting Island.
• Fixed an issue where using an Impulse Grenade or a Shockwave Grenade while jumping on a Hoverboard causes the player to rapidly rotate.
• Battle Royale Crossplay Matchmaking
• Combined Xbox One and PS4 pools.
• This requires you to opt-in to cross-play.
• Players opt-ing out are restricted to Creative Mode and Playgrounds.
• Combined Mobile and Switch pools.
• Before, Switch players were combined with Xbox One and PS4 cross-play parties.
• We expect an on-average better per-game experience for both Mobile and Switch players.
• Motivating factor is unlocking optimization potential allowing us to run more playlists during more hours of the day while supporting more data center locations. Please provide us with feedback on your experience!
• Reduced infinite dab duration from 12 hours to 11 hours in the front end
• Just kidding, Increased Infinite dab duration from 12 hours to 13 hours in the front end
• Elimination credit is now awarded to last damager in cases of logging out, self-elimination, and eliminations due to Storm damage. Current threshold timer is 15 seconds.
• Added visual effects for the siphon on elimination.
• Players can now build as soon as they impact anything after being launched by a Pirate Cannon
• Players can dance while holding a balloon
• Added Pirate Cannon’s audio visualizer HUD icon to be a cannon.
• Players automatically enter the driver seat when entering an empty vehicle.
• Added custom consume animations for the following items:
• Small Shield Potion
• Shield Potion
• Slurp Juice
• Chug Jug
• Fixed Pirate Cannon collision that would block bullets for a passenger inside of the cannon
• Fixed Pirate Cannon not being able to shoot when moving backwards
• Fixed an issue where a player may lose functionality when shooting themselves out of a Pirate Cannon.
• Fixed Pirate Cannon player impact explosion effects sometimes being delayed
• Fixed an issue where Pirate Cannons flipped onto their side, sliding across the ground for too long
• Fixed Pirate Cannons dealing damage to itself if fired in close quarters
• Fixed an issue where players wouldn’t break through structures when fired from Pirate Cannons at close range
• Traps are no longer triggered by vehicles that are empty or carrying only friendly players.
• Fixed an issue in extreme camera flicking situations that would cause an incorrect first shot when firing weapons.
• Fixed an issue with the Conga emote not respecting environmental surfaces like Lava
• Fixed an issue where a player may briefly stop their skydiving animation unexpectedly
• Fixed an issue allowing emote-cancelling during door open/close animations.
• Fixed players holding Buried Treasure map upside down
• Fixed an issue where pressing Build and Edit buttons in quick succession would enter edit mode on the blueprint piece instead of build the structure.
• Driftboards no longer explode when exiting one near a Mounted Turret.
• Fixed PS4 players being unable to adjust mouse sensitivity.
• Added new audio for Balloons while in-air.
• Reduced volume of small prop destruction sounds (chairs, beds, fences, etc).
• Removed reverb from pickaxe swings.
• Removed outdoor ambient sounds when gliding.
• The Glider deploy sound no longer plays twice when using Glider Redeploy.
• Fixed Glider land/open sounds ducking the Victory Royale music.
• Improved music volume when previewing Gliders with music while in the lobby.
• Pirate Cannon movement sound no longer stops after sprinting for over 10 seconds.
• Fixed looping Balloon pop sound after going through a Rift.
• Key Bindings – The keyboard bindings are now categorized to make finding actions you want to rebind a lot easier.
• Marker System:
• Added hover details for in-world markers, actions a player may take on a marker will appear in these details. Marker details will appear when the reticule is placed over the marker.
• You can now mark vehicles and found consumables such as apples.
• Reworked display of Item markers to increase readability across all platforms.
• Items will display as a large icon for a short time when first marked, and will reduce in size when a player aims near their location.
• Markers are now sorted by distance.
• Reduced screen size of squad waypoint markers to reduce view obstruction.
• Minimap markers updated to match in-world markers.
• On keyboards there is now a keybind option to specify a dedicated key for placing a danger marker.
• Double-Clicking the ping button to place a danger marker, is no longer blocked by items on the ground.
• You can now ping while riding in a vehicle reliably.
• You can now Mark While Bush.
• Please continue to let us know what improvements you would like to see for the marker system!
• Squad nameplates and team arrows now become more transparent when aiming down sights.
• Restored the ability to view all of your current Challenges while in a match.
• Wrap things up in a hurry! You can now apply a wrap to all slots by choosing “Apply To All” when picking a wrap in the Locker.
• Enabled camera control on some reward types when viewing Challenges
• Challenge Info panel in the lobby now defaults to Party Assist while you are in a Party.
• The Luxe bundle is now displayed in the Challenge Screen along with the Blackheart and Hybrid bundles.
• Wraps are now previewed on the highest resolution version of the vehicle or weapon in the lobby.
• Fixed an issue on consoles where you couldn’t select “Party Assist” for the last challenge in a bundle.
• Fixed an issue where the next Stage of a Challenge was not automatically set to “Party Assist”.
• Fixed an issue where the animation and sound effects would play twice when selecting Challenges on a controller.
• Fixed an issue where scrolling with the mouse in the Challenge Screen would sometimes jump around unexpectedly.
• Added bus paths to the minimap.
• Introduced an Auto Fire tuning feature to allow adjustments per weapon. This was done previously for other weapons, but we’ve now added this for pistols.
• Added occlusion to footsteps on Android.
• Improve the quality of some sound effects on Mobile/Switch.
• Fixed an issue with the shoot button getting stuck in a continuous fire loop or being unable to fire without being able to reset.
• Fixed an issue that caused touch players to need a more specific crosshair location to interact with the Use button.
• Fixed turbo build not starting when going from edit to build mode with the input held.
• Fixed Left Trigger action getting stuck when using a Bluetooth controller
• Fixed weapon stats on the inventory panel for mobile
• Fixed autorun not fully sprinting if “Sprint by Default for Controller” is set to ‘OFF’ on mobile
• Fixed build mode being exited if a build piece is selected before releasing the build/combat mode button
• Fixed dragging an item off the hotbar triggering use actions on mobile.
• Fixed Throwable items’ trajectory line persisting when a player is driving different vehicles on Mobile
Read more here: Daily Express :: Entertainment Feedhappy wheels
May 21, 2019 0Youngboy Never Broke Again is speaking out about his involvement in a Miami Beach shooting that resulted in the death of a bystander last Sunday (May 12). During an interview with the Miami Herald, the rapper’s lawyer, James Manasseh, his client was “the victim of an assassination...
May 21, 2019 020 hours ago Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson posts so many “wrap” photos he could stack them under a Christmas tree. (I’ll see myself out.) He just wrapped Jumanji 3 and now he has announced another wrap for Hobbs & Shaw. That Fast and Furious franchise spinoff is coming...
May 21, 2019 0
May 17, 2019 0Is Kylie Jenner’s Walnut Face Scrub Actually as Bad as...
May 15, 2019 0Who doesn’t want the perfect look and appeal...
Apr 20, 2019 0The Collagen Creamer Kylie Jenner Drinks for Glowing Skin...
Apr 20, 2019 0Using a Lash Primer Makes My Eyelashes Look Longer and...
May 21, 2019 0SYDNEY, Australia — The polls said this would be...
May 21, 2019 0NEW DELHI — Prime Minister Narendra Modi, one of the most...
May 21, 2019 0DUSHANBE, Tajikistan — Three guards and 29 inmates were...
May 21, 2019 0BRUSSELS — For weeks, Europe’s far-right populists have...
May 20, 2019 0BEIRUT, Lebanon — The Syrian military and its allies have...
May 20, 2019 0And do Indians prefer a religiously driven nation or a...
May 20, 2019 0LONDON — Even as fellow European countries worry about...
May 20, 2019 0BEIJING — Qi Haohan describes with pride the times he has...
May 19, 2019 0BOGAKHALI, India — Riya Mondal could not stop crying....