Lower back pain can make how you go about you day to day life very difficult.
It usually isn’t the sign of anything serious, and will usually improve within a few weeks. But if you’re concerned your GP can examine you and advise on the best treatment.
Keeping active if you have back pain is key, according to Bupa, as this can be an effective way of relieving the pain and prevent it from coming back.
The health organisation recommends four simple exercises you can do at home to gain some relief.
If you can’t lie on your back it advises you can to this in a supported reclined sitting position.
To begin, it says:
1. Lie on your back with your knees bent. Get your lower stomach muscles working by gently pulling your belly button towards your spine.
Keep your breathing steady while tilting your pelvis and flattening your pelvis and flattening your back to the ground.
2. Hold for five seconds.
3. Return slowly to your original position and repeat.
Do five to 10 repetitions daily.
1. Lie on your back with your knees bent.
2. Keeping your knees together, lower them to the floor as far as you can on one side, and hold the stretch for a couple of seconds.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat on the other side.
Make sure to keep your shoulders on the ground during the exercise.
Do three to four repetitions on each side, daily.
1. Support yourself on all fours. Make sure your back is straight and your head is in line with your body.
2. Arch your back upward.
3. Let your spine arch downward.
4. Return to the starting position.
Do five to 10 repetitions daily.
1. Kneel onto all fours, keeping your hands and knees shoulder width apart.
2. Your hips should be at a 90 degree angle with your shoulders directly above your hands and your hips directly above your knees.
3. Slowly move your hips backwards to get your buttocks to your heels.
4. Hold the stretch position for 10 to 15 seconds.
Do three to four repetitions daily.
The NHS recommends doing abdominal strengthening to relieve back pain.
Read more here: Daily Express :: Health Feedhappy wheels
Feb 16, 2019 0Controversy surrounding the Fyre Festival didn’t discourage Ja Rule, it actually encouraged him. Almost two years after botched music fest was set to hit the Bahamas, Ja Rule announced his plans to create another one. Ja beamed, “[Fyre] is the most iconic festival that never...
Feb 13, 2019 0
Feb 12, 2019 0
Feb 16, 2019 04 hours ago It may not have been met with the best critical reception, but 2016’s Suicide Squad was definitely a commercial winner for Warner Bros, and the studio is keen on keeping the property alive. The sequel, officially titled The Suicide Squad, is being written and directed by former Marvel...
Jan 31, 2019 0Aztec Secret Clay Mask: Before-and-After Photos Show...
Jan 25, 2019 09 Valentine’s Day Gifts That Fit Women Actually Want...
Jan 25, 2019 0Halle Berry’s Favorite Anti-Aging Skincare Product...
Feb 16, 2019 0NEW DELHI — India accused Pakistan on Friday of...
Feb 16, 2019 0MADRID — A center-left government has fallen. The...
Feb 16, 2019 0KABUL, Afghanistan — The driver of a car that was stopped...
Feb 16, 2019 0LONDONDERRY, Northern Ireland — Gary Donnelly, a city...
Feb 15, 2019 0MADRID — The Spanish government teetered on the brink of...
Feb 15, 2019 0LONDON — He had thought of everything: a home-cooked,...
Feb 15, 2019 0TEHRAN — A suicide bomber killed at least 27 members of...
Feb 14, 2019 0BEIRUT, Lebanon — A Saudi mobile application that lets...
Feb 14, 2019 0BEIJING — Sweden said it was investigating its ambassador...