Lower back pain can make how you go about you day to day life very difficult.
It usually isn’t the sign of anything serious, and will usually improve within a few weeks. But if you’re concerned your GP can examine you and advise on the best treatment.
Keeping active if you have back pain is key, according to Bupa, as this can be an effective way of relieving the pain and prevent it from coming back.
The health organisation recommends four simple exercises you can do at home to gain some relief.
If you can’t lie on your back it advises you can to this in a supported reclined sitting position.
To begin, it says:
1. Lie on your back with your knees bent. Get your lower stomach muscles working by gently pulling your belly button towards your spine.
Keep your breathing steady while tilting your pelvis and flattening your pelvis and flattening your back to the ground.
2. Hold for five seconds.
3. Return slowly to your original position and repeat.
Do five to 10 repetitions daily.
1. Lie on your back with your knees bent.
2. Keeping your knees together, lower them to the floor as far as you can on one side, and hold the stretch for a couple of seconds.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat on the other side.
Make sure to keep your shoulders on the ground during the exercise.
Do three to four repetitions on each side, daily.
1. Support yourself on all fours. Make sure your back is straight and your head is in line with your body.
2. Arch your back upward.
3. Let your spine arch downward.
4. Return to the starting position.
Do five to 10 repetitions daily.
1. Kneel onto all fours, keeping your hands and knees shoulder width apart.
2. Your hips should be at a 90 degree angle with your shoulders directly above your hands and your hips directly above your knees.
3. Slowly move your hips backwards to get your buttocks to your heels.
4. Hold the stretch position for 10 to 15 seconds.
Do three to four repetitions daily.
The NHS recommends doing abdominal strengthening to relieve back pain.
Read more here: Daily Express :: Health Feedhappy wheels
Dec 06, 2018 0She wasn’t ready!!! Those are the first words that came to mind when Compton rapper, YG took to his IG Stories to share the awkward entertainment available for him while partying it up in Australia. It was, well…see for yourself the post that had YG thinking “WTF.” Wasting no time to...
Dec 06, 2018 0
Dec 13, 2018 015 hours ago We still don’t know much about the plot of the upcoming Avatar sequels, but one puzzling thing we do know is that among the cast are a few actors whose characters were presumed dead at the end of the first film. Among those actors is Stephen Lang, who played the merciless Colonel...
Dec 13, 2018 0
Dec 13, 2018 0PARIS — The need to accelerate growth has long been...
Dec 13, 2018 0PARIS — A gunman opened fire in the picturesque city of...
Dec 13, 2018 0BRUSSELS — This was supposed to be the year Europe put...
Dec 12, 2018 0BEIJING — China said Wednesday that a former Canadian...
Dec 12, 2018 0LONDON — Britain’s beleaguered prime minister, Theresa...
Dec 12, 2018 0GENEVA — More than 160 countries adopted a sweeping...
Dec 11, 2018 0SEOUL, South Korea — South Korea is holding its breath...
Dec 11, 2018 0HONG KONG — Twitter’s chief executive, Jack Dorsey,...
Dec 11, 2018 0LONDON — While the British Parliament debated withdrawal...