PUBG servers are back online, which means Xbox One players can download May’s huge Battlegrounds patch.
The latest PUBG Xbox One update makes a wealth of improvements and fixes, and also introduces the Miramar map.
The Miramar map will be playable from 8am BST on May 24.
According to the patch notes, the Miramar map is intentionally designed to feel like a vastly different Battle Royale experience.
There are taller buildings and fewer trees, which adds a new dynamic when finding cover.
The update also adds new emotes, colour options, an improved settings menu and lots more.
You can see for yourself by checking out the patch notes below…
Optimization / Stabilization
• Both Miramar and Erangel have significantly improved overall game performance on the Xbox One/S/X and stability has also been improved.
• Optimization and stabilization is still the dev team’s top priority. Our goal is to deliver constant improvements.
• The free-fall and parachuting process has been optimized, leading to performance improvements during the initial stages of each game.
• The world loading process has been optimized, allowing buildings and their interiors to load simultaneously and reducing the overall rendering time.
• The handling of resources for unseen nearby characters’ movements has been optimized to improve performance of the game.
• Handling resources of equipping and unequipping items of unseen nearby characters have been optimized to improve performance during the early game and to reduce the likelihood of crashes
• Character inventory loading has been optimized, improving response time when opening inventory and reducing crashing.
• Unoccupied vehicles/boats have been optimized to increase the overall performance of the game.
• New map, ‘Miramar’ has been added.
• Miramar will be available from: May 24 00:00 PDT / May 24 09:00 CEST
• Miramar is intentionally designed to provide a vastly different Battle Royale experience.
• It features extreme, elevated terrain and tall buildings with less trees which will give players new options for playing around cover.
• The characteristics of ‘on road’ and ‘off road’ have been further differentiated. This will make the selection of vehicle type and decision to drive more critical/important.
New items are available on Miramar.
• R45 is a revolver handgun which is available as world spawn
• It uses 45 ACP Ammo and up to six bullets can be loaded
• Red dot sights can be equipped
• Damage and accuracy rate is high and reload speed is faster than R1895
• The Win 94 is a lever-action rifle
• It uses 45 ACP Ammo and up to 8 bullets can be loaded
• It can attach bullet loops
• It inflicts severe damage and it is a mid-range weapon suitable for high level players.
• The sawed-off is a small shotgun
• It uses 12 gauge ammo and up to 2 bullets can be loaded
• This shotgun can inflict severe damage and equips to the handgun slot in the inventory
• A recolored version of the Ghillie suit has been added
New vehicles have been added on Miramar:
• The mini bus is a six-seater on-road vehicle, available on Miramar only.
• Its top speed and torque are low but it has strong durability
• The pick-up truck is a four-seater off-road vehicle, available on Miramar only.
• It has a great suspension system and powerful torque, making it suitable for terrain with extreme elevation differences.
• The motorbike and buggy have new skins on Miramar
• Emotes have been added. Emote UI will show up if you press the LB+RB buttons at the same time. Choose an emote with the right analog stick and press down with the R stick to use the selected emote.
• Scopes have been changed to be more realistic:
• Expanded all scopes’ field of view
• Added a parallax effect when moving weapons quickly while ADS
• Added vignetting (darker edges), chromatic aberration (color difference caused by light refraction), and a distortion effect on the edge of scopes
• Aim acceleration can now be turned off in settings.
• Setting menu has been specially improved for Xbox platform.
• Colorblind mode and other modes that could help the gameplay have been added.
• We’ve removed the grenade’s knockback effect for player characters when dealing non-lethal damage (if players are killed by a grenade, they’ll still be knocked back)
• Added new grenade hit effects and animations
• ‘Key legends’ function has been added for gameplay controls. It can be turned off in settings.
• Lobby loading screen is now more clean.
• Matchmaking can be started in the PLAY menu after selecting the game mode.
• Map selection will be added soon
• Matchmaking UI has been improved, allowing more pleasant entrance into the game.
• REWARDS menu has been changed to STORE menu.
• Go to CRATES in STORE menu to get crates.
• Go to MY ITEMS in STORE menu to open the crates you obtained.
• Game option settings can now be popped up.
• Leaderboard display method has been modified, allowing users below certain ranks to see their ranks in percentage.
• Lobby UI overall has been improved.
• Fixed an issue causing punching to slow down movement while sprinting
• In spectator mode, water sounds sometimes inappropriately continued after changing perspective. This has now been fixed
• When preparing to throw grenades, the projection visualization no longer inappropriately penetrates through objects
• You can now freelook while automatically swimming forward in water
• Sights should no longer become blocked while in ADS position after attaching high-magnification scopes
• Fixed an issue preventing some teammates’ map markers from showing on the compass
• Fixed some problems preventing interacting pop-ups from functioning properly in certain situations
• Fixed the problem preventing players from changing seats in vehicles
• Fixed the problem wherein turning off BGM in the lobby setting window didn’t work
• There was a bug causing players to sometimes get stuck in a leaning position (caused by going prone while leaning). This is now fixed.
Read more here: Daily Express :: Entertainment Feedhappy wheels
Jan 22, 2019 0Future and his baby mama drama have created just as many headlines as his music in recent years, partially because he hasn’t dropped much until this week. Now he’s doing a press run for his new LP and sat down with Hot 97’s Nessa to speak about things going on in his life. When the […]
Jan 21, 2019 0
Jan 22, 2019 03 hours ago If you saw Glass during opening weekend, you may already know that James McAvoy really worked out before and during the movie’s filming to get into beast mode. He’s previously talked about his insane workouts, but recently James McAvoy revealed his motivation for getting...
Jan 21, 2019 0Januhairy Is Here, and Women Are Taking to Instagram to...
Jan 20, 2019 0Retin-A Side Effects and Benefits for Anti-Aging and Acne...
Jan 20, 2019 0This Woman Credits Drunk Elephant Skin Care Products for...
Jan 20, 2019 0The Best Chocolate Lilac Hair Styles – Health Top...
Jan 22, 2019 0After her Brexit plan went down to the most resounding...
Jan 22, 2019 0CARACAS, Venezuela — Members of the Venezuelan National...
Jan 22, 2019 0KABUL, Afghanistan — The Taliban infiltrated an Afghan...
Jan 21, 2019 0ANKARA, Turkey — After lengthy meetings with the Turkish...
Jan 21, 2019 0TAIPEI, Taiwan — Just a few weeks ago, President Tsai...
Jan 21, 2019 0ROSARITO, Mexico — On a forlorn beach, a long line of...
Jan 21, 2019 0GDANSK, Poland — In a bitterly divided Poland, residents...
Jan 20, 2019 0ROME — More than 100 African migrants who set off in a...
Jan 20, 2019 0LONDON — In the wretched purgatory that was Westminster...
Jan 20, 2019 0TLAHUELILPAN, Mexico — Mexico’s president vowed on...